Villa Albrizzi
villa albrizzi
Two brothers from a wealthy and well-known Venetian family, Carlo and Bartolomeo Zenobio,
acquired the property in 1666. They restored the house and built the Barchessa. In 1783 the last member
of the family, Alba Zenobio, married Giovanni Battista Albrizzi. It was during this period that the
Music Pavilion was added. In the mid-18th century the Albrizzi family modified the garden and added
several features to it such as bridges, ruins and green houses which were inspired by the landscaped
gardens of Britain and France. The Villa was then extensively enlarged. The house has
been kept in the family through the female line to the present day.